TPS failures - better designs?

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Thu Dec 2 02:52:41 GMT 1999

I'm sure there is a more reliable sensor (eg non-mechanical), but the the
OEM's figure that if a $.50 oem-cost part can last at least 50k then the
cost of a better design is wasted.... a replacement TPS is usually <$20 so
it's not that bad.

My experience with the E4ME carbs was that if you got 10k out of a TPS you
were doing great.    I've had what I think are more just plain bad
production TPS units on GM EFI motors.   Some brand-new Delco TPS's last
only 5k, and some I've yanked from 100k+ junkyard motors are fine.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com