Electronics 202: MEFI3 analysis

Chipsbyal at aol.com Chipsbyal at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 04:06:15 GMT 1999

This "new" controller that is being used in the new RamJet equipped engines
has been around for at least a year. It is used by a few OEM powertrain
distributors of marine powerplants. It also is used by Hyster for forklifts.
Vetronics, the manufacturer of the TECH1, has software to scan this ECM.
Mercruiser along with others also sell a scan tool for diagnostics, these do
not support bi-directional communication. I'd be pretty confident that any of
these scanners could read what's up with a RamJet. I've seen Rinda's Wincal,
however the files I had were just demo's. The program to have is from DELCO
and it reads, writes and displays real time data. Unfortunately it isn't for
sale. Another road block is these ECU's would very likely have a password to
upload their data. These little boxes don't run fans or shift transmissions,
so it is unlikely they'll ever wind up in any late model vehicles.
Later AL