FMD, etc. - was Re: 1227749 EEPROM Type

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Sat Dec 4 01:52:22 GMT 1999

Ward wrote:

> yes it make a difference, the "7749" describes the electronic hardware. The
> sofware defines the application, The limp home is a resistor network that
> tells the FMD (hardware) the num cyls, CID etc.

Ward, I asked recently if anyone knew how the FMD (16052444 on my '808) worked
with the CalPak and CalPak I/F chip (16034986). Has anyone worked out how it
all hangs together, and what value resistors will generate the magic values?
Anyone done a writeup (I'll volunteer if the information is available anywhere)?

regard,
--
Peter Gargano