master of the bleeding obvious?

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Sun Dec 5 15:44:05 GMT 1999

> can't I just splice the required number of injector plugs onto a cheap,
> readily-available 4-cylinder harness and use a V8 chip?

>  Am I missing something obvious?

If the injector output transistor (that is used) is connected to the
same pin on the v8 harness as the i4 harness, then feel free.  it will
work just fine.  I ended up making my dodge stroker harness from
scratch, using the connectors and new crimp on pins, but only because
the ECM will be in a different spot than under the dash - thus all the
wire lengths will be different.  Anyway, your idea should work.  I took
a lot of shortcuts on my harness, and on the bench it seemed to work.
Then, when moved to the engine, I was able to start the engine, but I
think my tables are messed up - runs terrible under boost.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology

Tele: (203) 372-2707