ECM Fault?

Akselrud, Boris AkselruB at moodys.com
Tue Dec 7 14:51:48 GMT 1999

MAP sensor is fluctuating constantly along with the idle - I think that's
normal i.e. with RPM change you get pressure change. I did scope just about
every signal, including the MAP. The map signal is not flat, it has waves
corresponding each cylinder I guess, one of them is specially large. I think
It is because it is close to that particular cylinder. Wave amplitude is
approx 0.1 to 0.2 V on the largest wave.

I am desparately trying to complete the device to inject the fuel to
disconnect ECM and see if idle is still fluctuating. If it is, it would
indicate the mechanical problem.