ECM Fault?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Dec 7 18:59:28 GMT 1999

Tubing source?, the junk yard, every gm since 84 with MAP has it.
Material for restrictors, Hobby shop, .062/.093" brass tubing and solder it
shut, and then drill it out.
Total cost $3 if you buy some drill bits.  Use a fine vise grip or thumb
vise for drills.
Grumpy
   I've gone as large as a tomatoe paste can 1 1/4" diam, and 2" long, and
that was wayyyyyyyy tooooooooo big.  What kinda worked was some 3/16" line
about 9" long.  But, this was way engine dependent.
   BTW, this was an early experiment, before I had the options I do now.
Funny you didn't ask about the C/L O/L idea which would have been a better
starting point....  Or answer if this was 747 related...

| That's very interesting. Where do I get the tiny tubing and what do I use
| for restrictions?
|

| At some point I inserted a receiver chamber in the MAP line to see what it
| does. Unfortunately the vacuum squashed the bottle I found.

| |
| |
| | I think a good point of reference at this point will be a compression
| check.
| | Might also add a restrictor to the line to the MAP sensor to minimize
the
| | fluctuation and see what that does.
| |