Still have some problems - ahy ideas?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Dec 8 05:10:35 GMT 1999

Ok,

My car is still not running quite right all of the time.

Here is what I have.  On a cold start (cold engine) it won't idel
right, I need to manually keep the rpms up.  It will run this way for
5-8 minutes (the IAC will  e maxed at 160, MAP will be somewhere
around 18-20), then all of a sudden the MAP will drop from that range
down to 13-15 and the computer will then be able to control the rpm
with the IAC valve (IAC is no longer maxed).    I don't see (or hear)
any obvious vacuum leaks (I did find and fix one and it did not appear
to change the idle).  The exhaust is not plugged to the best of my
knowledge (!cat).   I just cannot figure out what is causing the
vacuum to not be right were it should, and why all of a sudden the
vacuum "fixes" itself.

Other info: nothing like fans/learn control/closed
loop/AC/Air/Canister Purge/EGR or any other computer values changed
significantly except for the IAC and the MAP.  The map pessure first
dropped along with the rpm going up, and then the IAC started going
down.  the car being in or out of gear does not seem to affect things
excpet it dies easier in gear (of course).  Also when it starts
running good the engine is at 160 or so and has been there for a
while, so things have been open loop for a substantial peroid of time.

				Any help would be appreciated
				Roger