7747 spd limit first, trip timers next?

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Wed Dec 8 13:48:45 GMT 1999

Sorta been playing with the extra space avalable on the 256k prom.  Trying
to get a mini program that uses the vss, calculates from it when ¼ mile has
gone by ie 500 pulses and at the 500th pulse calculate the speed.  Going to
add .500s delay  and a timer.  Out one of the spare unused outputs of the
ecm I plan to feed a led display displaying time, (et) and mph.  The memory
is in the display (for speed and time) and will have a siple reset button.
Have to give credit to bruce as I got the idea from his et est he built.
I'm just trying to create some code so all you have is a simple display with
resetable mem...... have not quite figured out how to make the
display....Any ideas? Need memory and 2- 5 digit displays

Btw: picked up a book by tap publishers in Chapters,  "Understanding and
programming Motorola microcontrolers"  Talks about derivatives of 68oo
series used in vehicles and their differences!  Has a couple of
assemblers/disassembler programs included on a CD that comes with the book.
Also was one by the same publisher on the PIC microcontroller?????
Mike Rolica
Meridian Magnesium Products
Strathroy, Ont
Ext. 260