Still have some problems - ahy ideas?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Dec 8 21:16:07 GMT 1999

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Programmer wrote:

> >>It will run this way for
> 5-8 minutes (the IAC will  e maxed at 160, MAP will be somewhere
> around 18-20), then all of a sudden the MAP will drop from that range
> down to 13-15 and the computer will then be able to control the rpm
> with the IAC valve (IAC is no longer maxed<<
>
> Here's what I'm thinking---your IAC is supposed to open up KOER, but perhaps
> it really isn't ?? All a scan tool shows is "commanded IAC" or what IAC
> position should be--the later ones showed a preferred IAC setting, and then
> an actual IAC setting on the scan tool. This would "explain" why your MAP
> drops as the IAC breaks free from a stuck pintle seat. Or is it possible (if
> this is a reworked ECU from the stock one), that the wiring is reversed at
> the IAC ? 160 is seated--lower numbers are moving the pintle away from the
> seat ?

Stock ecm, prom is modified.  When I had the plumbing off the whisting
increased with the opening of the IAC which I take to mean it was
working correctly.   The IAC is also a new one, the old one had the
same problem, I cannot tell if something got worse (lifters/intake
issues) or if it just got colder (not rich enough).

			Roger