88 Caprice w/troubles

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Thu Dec 9 05:51:19 GMT 1999

That's a genuine Olds motor - chevy parts don't fit.  Intakes between the
307 and 403 motors are pretty much identical with respect to flow.  5A
heads have tiny ports, so a bigger intake won't help there.  Biggest gain
would be high-flow cat (or removal) and make sure you've got a full size
crossover pipe.  Also remove the exhaust restrictor in the driver's side
exhaust port (only found on some).

As for the SES, I've had probs with both TPS and the M/C solenoid cause a
simular problem.  Could also be just a usual carb problem like  a stuck
float or sticky metering rods.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com