88 Caprice w/troubles

Brent Obermiller ober_b at sssnet.com
Fri Dec 10 02:30:32 GMT 1999

Try running a ground strap from the distributor housing to an ecm ground
point on the motor.  I had a 455 with the 87 307" 442 computer and carb
on it before I went to a TBI chevy (I threw a rod..long story).  SES was
intermitant and it gave a code 12 while running...You'd never know it
was set w/o the motor running since it blinks 12 anyway, then.  It was
intermittant ground.  The M/C solenoid stops being actuated when the is
no tach signal to the ECM. That makes it full rich...expect 5-10
miles/gal.  The strap worked for me. I used 12 or 14 gauge wire and
SOLDERED eyelets.

-Brent