747 programing

Kevin Reynolds kereyn at gte.net
Fri Dec 10 04:52:11 GMT 1999

I'm just mentally mapping out the process I'll be using to get the right prom setup for my crossfire.
Some trucks using the 747 were non feed back. I have both a vacuum gauge and Air/Fuel ratio gauge in the dash.
Tuning would seem to be a lot easier if the O2 didn't keep swinging due to feedback adjustment. How does the non feed back setup differ from the rest? Can I just get a prom from a non feed back vehicle, tweak the settings where I want, and then burn those numbers into a feed back style prom? What am I missing? It just seems that for idle and steady state cruise conditions it would be easier to narrow down your numbers and get them right this way and then turn the feed back on to compensate for altitude/temp etc.