ECM Bench Problem

thergen at svn.net thergen at svn.net
Fri Dec 10 08:01:39 GMT 1999

Hi Bruce,

Another possible hardware only solution that doesn't have all the LEDs
would be to use two 74LS161 counters that drive a 2732 eprom (or larger
eprom).  A table could be programmed into the eprom that would drive an
output high at specific counts.  Another eprom output would be used to
preload the counters at a specific count and result in a 36 count
repeating sequence.

This solution would involve wiring together two 16 pin chips and one 24/28
pin chip and would probably be easier than a using a bunch of decoders or
shift registers.

Let me know if you're interested and I could probably post a design on the
ftp site in the next couple days.

Tom