88 Caprice w/troubles

Bill Shaw bshaw at connix.com
Sun Dec 12 03:47:03 GMT 1999

I pulled the line from the carb to the canister and it was wet.  Plugged it at
both ends
and the SES now stays out! P.O. probably spent a grand trying to fix this. I'll
buy
a new switch Monday and fix it right.

It now seems to run smooth and clean,  looks like I've got a good chance of
passing emissions testing in April.  It still seems real anemic though. While
playing
with the carb tonight,  I started wondering if the secondaries are opening.  When
start it I can see the secondary lockout solenoid suck the lockout lever in.  Is
this
later released when vacuum gets high enough?  Just revving it in neutral doesn't
open the secondaries. How can I test this to see if it's working properly?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys. You've all been a great help.

Bill
(shopping for a 403)