95 vs 96 pcm

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Tue Dec 14 16:12:35 GMT 1999

Mike,
	I put a 95 PCM on a 96 camaro drivetrain. I am putting the
whole drivetrain in a 48 Ford. The 95 PCM will plug into
your 96 Harness. The only change you need to make is to the
knock sensor. The Knock sensor in the Block, and the ESC
module in the PCM must match. GM changed them both between
the 95 and 96 model year for the F-Body, I think they also
made changes in the B-Body. I put a 95 Knock sensor in my
engine, and all is well. The aftercat O2 sensors and Crank
position sensor are just not functional with the 95 PCM.

	Using the 95 PCM eliminates OBD-II and makes tuning much
easier.

		Ken