Dual TBI units - How To Handle Twin IAC's?

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 23:22:18 GMT 1999

In a message dated 12/17/99 6:03:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wsherwin at idirect.com writes:

>  At this point everything regarding the project has been planned out in
great
>  detail,  EXCEPT for the twin IAC issue.  I am still in the midst of "head
>  scratching" as to what I will do about this.  I could cheat, and just drive
>  one IAC via the PCM, but,  I would prefer to drive both IAC's via the PCM
>  for mixture and pressure balance reasons.  Here's what I am
>  wondering............
>
>  1) Can I physically drive two IAC's from the single PCM IAC driver?
>  2) If so, should I wire the two IAC's in parallel?
>  3) For a first blush at the cal, can I simply cut the commanded IAC steps
in
>  half?  Just looking for a starting point.
>  4) Any other thoughts or recommendations?
Hi Walt,
That sounds like a high-fun-factor vehicle..  8-).
Why not run just one IAC, and connect the two TB's together
with a hose, below the throttle blades, but above the blower..
That would allow for a ballance of air between compressor inlets
whenever throttle blades are shut.  To be safe, use at least 1/2"..
That way IAC wiring is simple, and idle calcs are practally done
before you start..
Cheers,
Mike V