Fuel Pressure

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Sun Dec 19 00:40:44 GMT 1999

Behind the TBI injectors, hanging upside down, you'll find a small goldish
coloured cannister with a collar on the bottom and a slot & tab in one side.
That's your TBI system fuel pressure regulator.  Usually set at about 10psig
from the factory.  You can break the tack welds and usually get about 2 more
psig by further compressing the spring.  To obtain more pressure than this
you will need a bolt-on adjustable aftermarket regulator, usually good to
15psig.   If you decide you want around 15-18psig (unadjustable)  you could
bolt-on GM's P/N 17113186 regulator.  To obtain 26-32psig you could bolt-on
GM's 17113079 regulator.

Walt.