Dual TBI units

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Sat Dec 18 22:23:13 GMT 1999

At 01:02 AM 12/18/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Do you ever run across any caddy tb's with no injectors installed?  I
>think they might have been on a 4.1L or 5.4L pfi engine.
>Shannen

Nope.  I think you're getting confused with the PFI setup on the Seville -
the TB does look sorta like a TBI unit, but the thing sticking up in the
back is a solenoid equivalent to a IAC.

BTW, have a look at page 101 of the January 2K Hot Rod.  PFI'd Buick 215
V8, cad-olds TB bored out with larger blades, Ford (?) TPS, some kind of
IAC adapted to it.   Is this guy a member of the GMECM list?  <grin>

--> Bob Valentine
--> bob at tecmark.com