W32.NewApt.Worm virus information from Delanet.com

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Mon Dec 20 18:56:39 GMT 1999

 Same here. I think the email was sent to gmecm, and just popped out at us.
I checked all the email I got over the weekend and none of it had the virus.
And I'm pretty sure that a w32 virus wouldn't work on QNX.

Previously, you (Mike Swayze) wrote:
{ You must have mass e-mailed this. I'm
{ clean.
{ byE
{ Mike S.
{
{ Delanet Administration wrote:
{ >
{ > Greetings. If you are receiving this email then you have at some point
{ > in the past 24 hours sent out an email infected with the W32.NewApt.Worm
{ > virus to a customer of Delanet.
{ > This virus was discovered on 12/14/99 and more information may be found
{ > at http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/worm.newapt.html or
{ > http://vil.mcafee.com/vil/wm10475.asp.
{ > It is advised that you download the newest virus definition files and
{ > scan your pc, or download the 30 day trial virus scanner from Norton or
{ > Mcaffee (at url above) to ensure you do not continue the spread of this
{ > virus over the internet. The customers at Delanet which you have sent
{ > this virus to have been notified of the virus and their possible
{ > infection. Please take the time to make sure all those you normally
{ > communicate with are likewise notified.
{ >
{ > Regards,
{ >
{ > --
{ > Stephen Comoletti
{ > Systems Administrator
{ > Delanet, Inc.  http://www.delanet.com
{ > ph: (302) 326-5800 fax: (302) 326-5802

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8