'96 LT-1 ALDL data stream

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 21 15:54:07 GMT 1999

At 09:42 AM 12/21/1999 -0600, you wrote:

>Unfortunately, I lost the program (a few computers ago), but the point
>is, I was using the same old MAX232 interface to the serial port to do
>it, and he was using the same type interface. I don't know about 1996
>cars, but 1995 GM F-bodies (Camaro Z28, Trans Am, etc) use the OBDII
>connector (though they're OBDI), and they use Pin 9 for serial data. I
>don't know if '96 uses this same pin or not (it's not a "standard" OBDII
>pin, so it's a manufacturer optional pin).

I'll check my Alldata tonight, since I have all disks up thru Q3-1999 and
see if there is any ALDL included in the 96 and up units.  I'll check
Camaro thru 99 and Impala SS for 97.
Any other vehicle specifics anyone wants checked out?

Thanks,
Dave

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!