ALDL on OBD-II PCM

Shawn R. Lin slin01 at mail.orion.org
Wed Dec 22 09:47:04 GMT 1999

Does the PCM from a 3800 Series II Supercharged (L67) out of a 97+ Grand
Prix also have an ALDL UART data output?
I was considering this swap into my car, but was afraid I'd have to do a
Class 2 to ALDL conversion with a microcontroller of some kind (WAAAAAY
beyond my technical capabilities).  This is because the instrumentation
in my Olds is fully digital, and uses the ALDL serial data to drive the
tach in the instrument cluster.  It also supplies battery voltage, tach,
coolant temp, and fuel consumption data to the Driver Info Computer.

If the newer PCMs *do* have an ALDL compatible output, is it likely to
work with my instrumentation with no problems, or will I encounter other
issues?

--
Shawn Lin
http://www2.cybercities.com/g/gmwbodycars/