W32.NewApt.Worm virus information from Delanet.com

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Dec 22 05:59:00 GMT 1999

-> I still use lotus 123 3.0 - you should see the thing it SMOKES on a
-> pentium!!

 I have a custom-built ECU that uses a JK Microsystems Flashlite board
and a bunch of A/D and I/O.  The Flashlite is an 8MHz 8086 clone with
512K of flash EPROM as an "A: floppy" ramdisk and 512K of program RAM.
The 512K ramdisk has room for my Turbo Pascal 3.02 compiler (38Kb for
compiler, linker, "programming environment" editor, debugger, and
runtime), all sources, several copies of the program binaries, and
various odds and ends.

 The compiler is near enough to instant as makes no difference, even on
an 8MHz machine.  On my Pentium you can't tell anything even happened
when you hit the 'compile' key.