Another Delco System?

Andrew Wakeling kojab at ar.com.au
Thu Dec 23 10:50:07 GMT 1999

Hiya all,

Today I bumped into another strange Delco System. Found on the Opel
Barina or Opel Corsia??... anyhow. Its a German car apparently, built in
Sep 94, it was. Anyhow, this Delco system was sorta like this.

The box was the same size... kinda square.. you know. The box had 2
plugs of equal width, not like the normal having one longer than the
other. The prom was called BBNA? The prom was not the usual rectangular
longish one, or the shorter one, but a fatter, flatter plastic prom,
which had its own pushin tabs on the side. The prom was white and even
had "WHITE" raised on the bottom, so that it would only fit "WHITE"
carriers, if you know what I mean. This car had big problems. Puffing
out smoke, basically it ran like a dog. When you checked the codes,
there were so many codes... all referring to a sensor being either too
low or high. I think the car had a faulty computer with a bad 5V
reference, putting all the sensors off, and probably making it run super
rich. Anyhow, I just thought I let you know about this new Delco system.
Anybody know much about it?

Any help would be appreciated. Down in Oz, I have seen this similar flat
prom in the Daewoo series. Is this in the US? Anyway, gotta be off.

Cheers,
Andrew.