bin for 16176424 (VR Holden)

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Fri Dec 24 22:28:16 GMT 1999

A merry Xmas to all...

I just realised that you gave me a BKCZ a while ago (plugged
into a 1227808), and this is a VR 27C512 I'm after. I originally
thought the BKCZ was a 27C128 for the '808 - thanks (again) Ross
for putting me straight!

I also discovered that a VR plug (for a 16176424) does not
directly fit a 1227808 (or 1227165 for that matter) - the plugs
look the same but have "keys", plastic raised bits that stop
the plug being inserted into an incompatible socket (ie. ECM).
It seems like a simple task to remove these keys, but this is
obviously another way to identify ECM families - by the keying
of their socket/plug.

So, are these "keys" a clue to the North American equivalent to
the 16176424? I'm going to post a bit more info on this ECU...

Ho, ho, ho, etc..

--
Peter Gargano