Does anyone have protocol info for a 92 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP w

bcurrey at pop.ce.mediaone.net bcurrey at pop.ce.mediaone.net
Mon Dec 27 10:12:21 GMT 1999

I'm new to this list, but searched the archives.  The only
reference I found was to removing the rev limiter.

I've found a number of programs and info.  None of them appear to be
written for the 16149396 that is supposed to be in it.  Also,  none
of them appear to be for the 1227727 that is similar (less SRAM).  I
was only able to find one that works for another version of
that (the 1227730) by Carsten Meyer and am guessing it might be
similar, but wouldn't know what might be different.  That
program is for a V8, so suffice to say, I'd expect differences.

Andy Whittaker has had a couple people ask about this engine,
but would need protocol info to add it to his program.  The idea of
a drop in protocol sounds real good to me from a programming
standpoint and should be supported.   I don't have Turbo Pascal, or I
might consider tweaking Carsten Meyer's program to adapt it for the
3.4L DOHC & 3.1L W-Body people if an easier option doesn't surface.

Any info, links, or suggestions would be appreciated.

BobC
bcurrey at mediaone.net
aka: Bob Currey

BTW, Thanks to all those that provided the info above that got me
this far (notably Ludis Langens and Carsten Meyer).
Bob Currey
Sport Gold/Black '98 Trans Am Convt. 6 spd
Neon Blue '92 Grand Prix GTP 5 spd
website:   http://people.ce.mediaone.net/bcurrey/goldn98.htm
email:     bcurrey at mediaone.net