MAF Retrofit

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Tue Dec 28 06:09:19 GMT 1999

On TNN's "Shadetree Mechanic"  (yeah, I know.... but it's fun watching them
make a 8 hour job look soooo easy) they were doing a early-90's Olds Delta
88 (3.8 V6) which had flood damage.

Not normally a interesting show, but the MAF they replaced was a removeable
hotwire type, like a Ford.   They replaced the ECM, but they didnt' stop
long enough to read the label, was a 3-connector type red-white-blue conns.
  Now I'm wondering if this MAF is voltage type, and possibly could be a
retrofit for a '165 MAF using a ported housing like the Ford crowd does.

The car wasn't OBDII (they love to point it out when it is), so it's got to
be 95 or less, judging by the body I'd say 92-93.

Anyone got any clues?

--> Bob Valentine
--> bob at tecmark.com