7747 "shaking" the vechile?!

Mika Helander mika_helander at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 30 10:58:13 GMT 1999

Well, what happened: I started my VAN this morning from garage (+17degC) and
drove it to work (outside -15C). While driving constant speed of little more
than 40mph I felt fairly high-freq constant shaking at that speed.

I was driving the car in Drive (350 TBI, THM-700 tranny, factory rear) so I
tried 4th which didn't shake and then drive which shaked as previously. I
think by doing this I eliminate (at least some amount of) the
tranny-originated causes.

Then I set gear to neutral, and keyed engine down during driving. After
couple of seconds I ignited and set gear to drive and accelerated to the
same speed - and surprise!? no shaking.

This have happened some times before and I'm wondering what might be the
cause? The car feels like "being in bad mood" after ignition, but if shut
down and ignited again it works better...

Anyone comments?

-Mika