7730 memory locations

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Dec 30 09:23:10 GMT 1999

jsg at mrcday.com wrote:

> I've looked through the archives, and have not found a description of
> memory locations 0x3128-0x3129 and 0x30BD-0x30BE in the 7730.

Um, the '730 has no memory in those ranges.  Some chips offset some ALDL
table pointers by 0x3000 to indicate a 16 bit variable.  The ALDL com
function reads such variables all at once so that the upper and lower
byte are never out of sync.

Further, not all '730's have the same RAM/PROM layout.  You need to
specify which which "id" you have.  Take a look at
http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/idxref.html for a partial list of the
possible choices.