knock knock goes the jeep....

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 31 04:10:06 GMT 1999

Hi Bruce:  I have played with est decay and recovery rates.  Kind of
interesting.  I pretty much found that if I slowed how fast the timing was
pulled out it caused the knock to keep getting worse.  I put that back to
stock.  I have modified how fast the timing in put back in though.  Mainly
at the higher rpm's.  The car seems to run best with the knock sensor just
being tickled a hair.  If I sent you a gdf file and you graphed rpm, LV8 and
Knock you would see the ecm putting the timing in quicker than stock.  Kind
of a series of very fast downhill spikes.  If they are uphill it means the
detonation is getting worse and you need to pull out some timing.  If I try
to eliminate all detonation the car feels flat.  It apparently needs/likes
the timing sometimes and doesn't others so I make a small compromise I
guess.
Mark