intro, hyper7148

Tom Hussey thussey at idirect.com
Wed Feb 10 15:15:42 GMT 1999

Ken,

> Since my PCM is now socketed it is a very safe place to
> test a read & write program. I am working on a prom editor for the
> 8051. It has
> two 28F512's labeled EVENT SIDE and TIME side. Maybe we could work
> together on

Sure.

>From what I have seen, the hardest part will be figuring out the TIO. IC
Delco has a page on this and gives electrical parameters but no register
map, programming info or pinout. Your socketed ECM may be just the
thing. I will write some code when I get a chance if you would run it?

One thing I found that may be of interest is the manner that the ECMs
provide redundant input and control. For example the MC33291 that is
used to drive solenoids and lamps is on the SPI bus. The event checks it
and can control it in event of the timing computer going down (some sort
of limp mode). Also found code where if an a/d gets strange results the
a/d on the other board is used to provide that signal.

-Tom