EPROM emulator

Mike Pitts mpitts at netspeak.com
Thu Feb 11 16:50:06 GMT 1999

<<Of course, any ALDL based design requires a custom code
fragment in the EPROM.>>

And don't forget a custom PC program for sending the custom
ALDL command.

I've written 68HC11 code to do this already.  It's written
for an '8625 though, no guarantee it will work in anything
else.  It writes to RAM ($0000-$08FF) and on-chip EEPROM
($0E00-$0FFF).  It uses a modified form of the ALDL command
which is normally used to turn on/off DI's, set values, etc.

It's not complete, but is operational.  I plan on finishing
it when I finally have my new engine installed for tuning and
a wideband O2.

How about a double-E in the eprom socket with the required
lines added (or the EPLD)?  Would that be very difficult?
(My EPROM is 512kbit BTW)

-Mike