8192 protocol command list and disassembly

Mike Pitts mpitts at netspeak.com
Thu Feb 11 17:42:28 GMT 1999

<<Thanks for the proposed command which dumps out a
memory location  (F4 58 03 HI LO CS).   I'll look in
the code in the 16188051 sofware and see if it is the
same.  I know that it supports the F4 command, I'll
check for the 58 message.>>

58 is the message length (3 bytes + 55 constant).
The message id is 03.  MsgId 01 would be the request
for a scan tool data stream (if I remember correctly).

<<This problem has had me stumped for a couple of
weeks because the code appears to have been generated
by an optimizing compiler.>>

This is just my opinion, but I don't think the code
is compiled.  I think it is all hand written.

<<I'd rather see an instruction which said "B = A".>>

How about putting these in as comments rather than
replacing the mnemonic.  In my experience, I've found
it is VERY useful to have a dissasembly dump wihch can
be directly reassembled using AS11.

This is because I like to cut-n-paste code snippets
for patching the eprom.

Tnanks,
-Mike