EPROM emulator A Plea

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Thu Feb 11 22:10:56 GMT 1999

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> I think there is alot to be said for KISS

No argument there.

> Making it a straight eprom replacement makes it more versatile.
>
> Must do  2732,27128,27256,and 27512 as a min..  I think I've
> already seen/heard of a 1024, but for the moment can't remember the
> application.  Maybe Northstar(?), or Holden.
>
> Starting to remind me of the PW measuring tool.  One finally got
> done, but needed a programmed chip, and then all of a sudden it
> was just for the ones that could do the chip.

I see your point, but I'm not sure how to do it any other way.
Switching between 2 proms, or a prom and a flash would be simple with
some gates, but if you're going to download stuff to it like from a
laptop I think it has to have a microcontroller of some kind.  Once the
program is done, it's not too difficult to program a bunch of chips and
send them to people.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet