DIS w/ '749 .bin, GM did it..

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 14:32:05 GMT 1999

The same 749 box was used in just about all
of the '88 Quad-4 applications the General produced,
with (I think) DIS..  I never saw a a Q4 with a dissy...
Anyway, it sounds like the the 749 has the hardware
to do what you want, but the Sy bin has the wrong code
for the app.  Unfortunately, none of the offsets are the same
in the Q4 PROM as the Sy chip..  It's a 256 instead of the
Syphoon/Sunbird 128 chip.
Lemme know (off list) if a Q4 749 bin is required.
HTH
Mike V