EPROM emulator

Mike Pitts mpitts at netspeak.com
Fri Feb 12 16:23:06 GMT 1999

I'm not 100% sure of what the question is asking.  The
memory map of the 64k EPROM?  Or memory map of the emulator?

The memory map of my EPROM is

$1800-$????: GM External Equipment Interface Code
$4000-$71FF: Data tables
$7200-$FFFF: Micro Code

If "roll-in" means copying the EPROM data into RAM, it
does not do this.  Parts of this EPROM are not used
because RAM and on-chip area map on top of it.

For example: Registers are based at $3000.  RAM is
$0000-$08FF.  EEPROM is $0E00-$0FFF.  There's still
no way to emulate the entire table and code area with
a 32k part.  It would be possible to emulate only the
upperhalf ($0000-$7FFF), this would at least give the
capability of altering tables.  But the lower half
would obviously need to be present via some kind of
mechanism.

I actually built an adapter for my intronics emulator
to let me do this, using the high address line as a
chip select. But for whatever reason, this didn't work.
That's why I resorted to using the internal EEPROM.

-Mike