Another Intro + DIS w/ '749 .bin

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 23:50:12 GMT 1999

In a message dated 2/12/99 5:36:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, nacelp at bright.net
writes:

<< What year 2.8 module are you using?.
 Are you using the crank sensor to read the "bolts";
 Bruce >>

The module is from a "w" 2.8L engine from an '88 Beretta.
The crank sensor I am using is actually the one that Electromotive uses in
their kits.  I tried to remove the GM sensor from the block but it wouldn't
come out.  I already had this one laying around so I tried it and it worked.
And yes, the sensor is reading the bolts.  All the bolts are "inline"  on one
edge of the pulley and the one sensor reads them all.  When the sensor reads
the two bolts that are only 10 degrees apart instead of the usual 60, then it
uses that as the sync. It is just a single sensor, not 2 sensors in one sensor
body (as they sometimes are).

I think I'll take some pictures of what I did and post them somewhere.  "a
picture is worth a thousnd words"

Ted