Any hints on tuning for a big cam?

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 21:56:29 GMT 1999

In a message dated 2/13/99 4:22:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rah at horizon.hit.net writes:

<< Subj:	 Any hints on tuning for a big cam?
 Date:	2/13/99 4:22:02 PM Pacific Standard Time
 From:	rah at horizon.hit.net (Roger Heflin)
 Sender:	owner-gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
 Reply-to:	gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
 To:	gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu (GMECM)

 Does anyone have any hints on what sort of things to change to make a
 big cam run better in a GM car?

 I have adjusted the stuff that determines the BLM cells to ge better
 coverage, and that improves things some, but the BLMs/Ints are cycling
 quite a bit, is there anything that will improve this, or is this just
 normal?

 			Roger
 			93 Z28 A4

Hi People,
        Alot of times it is better to set your block learn allowed numbers to
128(80hex) so as to turn off the block learns and just leave the integrator
active.....this allows easier tuning as you won't have cycling of block
learn...then try to adjust your fuel tables accordingly......in my experience
one number on your integrator = 1 number in hex of your table.....if the cam
is very big you might have to pull it out of closed loop at idle to stop the
idle surges, as most really big high overlap cams don't like to  idle at
14.7:1 AFR.....you can also slow down the gains of your o2...hth's
-Carl Summers