hyper 7148

Tom Hussey thussey at idirect.com
Mon Feb 15 13:28:50 GMT 1999

steve ravet wrote:

> I got it, thanks bruce.  Now, can someome tell me exactly what this
> program does? I'm referring to "ninetyseven"dmp.exe.  Can the author
> please send a note to the list containing both the filename and a
> description?  That way it'll be in the archives.

Hi,
It's been a long time since I wrote this. Main point of this code was to
dump the ecm. Problem with a '97 Z28 was that the timing processor no
longer supports the serial stream. It is all done through J1850 and the
SPI now. But enough of my problems...
The code lets you enter commands by keyboard. If you start to type, it
pops a window. When you have entered the frame you want, just hit
<enter> and the app will send it to your serial port (at 8192 baud or
close enough). If you want to re-send the last command hit <F4> function
key. Read below for the rest of the commands.

This is the amount of documentation I did for the app. Code is not
supported and in "as is" shape. Source code has evaporated but should be
very easy to duplicate. Just wanted to share because some folks were
asking about how to dump the processor, and this is an example of
working code I used.

Cheers,
Tom
<snip>

> This is a windows app. Run it and select which port you have connected
> your interface to. At that point it gives you a "magic number". That is
> just an internal thing that scales delays based on how fast your
> processor in the PC is.
>
> Once the app is running you can send commands to your ecm. I coppied the
> original email for you to look at. If you want a dump of your ecm (This
> version justs dumps the "F4" part of the ecm or event side. If you want
> a dump, just select log from the menu and then hit <F5> that functon key
> starts the download. When complete (long time for me) the file is saved
> in the log. From there disassembly (I wrote one of those as well) and
> then the 10^6 hours of commenting and figuring out what the 'hc11 is
> thinking about.
>
> Do you have an interface? NO...I have a schematic, but it only works
> with my code. This is because I power the interface with the spare RS232
> control lines. That is a bit un-conventional, but works well for me
> because I don't need any power conditioning to save my ecm from spikes!

<snip snip>