EPROM emulator

Tom Hussey thussey at idirect.com
Tue Feb 16 11:00:06 GMT 1999

I understand that the command $05 is download to ram and $06 is download
and execute (OBDI). So you download into ram and then the last frame you
send is download and execute. Too bad my car doesn't support this. Now
it's all OBDII. For sure complete a disassembly to avoid un-plesant
results. For more details about how to use this "bootstrap" see Motorola
Application notes AN1010 and AN1060. You won't want to use the built in
code, just the ideas. Mot and GM worked hand in hand on a lot of stuff.
Seems Mot wrote ap notes on most of it. Another example is the manner
that bank switching is done in '96/7 Camaro. GM implements it *exactly*
as in the ap note.

Cheers,
Tom