Memory Map questions

DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Tue Feb 16 21:59:49 GMT 1999

I'm trying to figure out the software in my ECM.  I've seen AN1060 for a sample
memory map.  Can anyone answer the following questions for my 95 Camaro ECM?

1.  I know we use flash memory for the code space.  What addresses point to the
external flash chip?
2.  What CPU is used in these ECM's?  Does anyone know the exact number or exact
motorola number for this CPU?
3.  What ram is used?  Which ram is maintained through power down?  (I've heard
that 0000 thru 00FF is internal MCU ram, and maintained.  0100 thru 01FF is
internal MCU ram, not maintained).  What ram is external to the MCU and what is
its memory map?
4.  I know that HW MCU registers are mapped to 1000 thru 103F.  Are there any
other hardware registers used?
5.  How is the VIN kept?  Is it in a separate EEPROM?  Is it internal to the
MCU?
6.  Does anyone know the contents of the internal BOOT ROM of the MCU?

What I'm really trying to understand is what memory type is located at all
addresses in the memory map.

TIA,
Dave