EPROM emulator

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 17 19:51:48 GMT 1999

steve ravet wrote:

> Did some more looking around.  IDT (www.idt.com) makes DP RAMs also.
> They have them in 32kx8 and 64kx8, in PGA and PLCC packages which are
> actually usable.  Part numbers are 7007 (32k) and 7008 (64k).  Cypress

Woosh... thunk... THUD!

What was that sound? It's the sound of my head being hit by a cone
shaped hat. I threw away (yes) some idt 7005's (8k) last week that were
attached to some blown up equipment. "Had no use for 'em". Would've made
good "prototyping on the cheap" chips. Dangit, I never throw anything
away... Dangit, dangit, dangit. Maybe I'll find some more...

> Let's try a flash PIC part, they're cheaper because they're not in a UV
> erasable package.  16f874 and 16f877 look like good parts:  5 I/O ports

Sounds logical to me. Would the CCS compiler (http://ccsinfo.com) work
on those processors? That would be really cool if it did. I like
programming in C, and would absolutely love to do a PIC that way. ;) I
didn't see it in the "supported devices" list, though.

> I'm working on a schematic to illustrate it....

I look forward to seeing it.