128KByte EPROMs

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Feb 22 16:47:39 GMT 1999

Ross Myers wrote:

> >What type of EPROM is used in the (Australian) ECM's/PCM's with
> >128KBytes of PROM?  Do these systems use the 33x2 pin MEMCALs?
>
> Yes they use the smaller Memcal carrier (without the additional chips),
> 33x2.
> Not 100% on the pin count but I'm sure you know the type.

OK, I'm confused.  I think you are saying that they use the little
plastic chip carriers - essentially just an EPROM in a special socket.
That would be called a MEMPAK.

Or are they putting just a 32 pin EPROM into a 66 pin MEMCAL (two rows
of 33, plugs into a header, brown or black base, blue cover), leaving
most of it empty?