SBC V8 into Astro/Safari

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jun 3 13:10:41 GMT 1999

| I am looking for as much info as possible on the V8 into GM minivan swap

I think Jags that run has a manual for that.

| I want to retain stock computer TBI system from 1986 Safari Cargo minivan

Should be 1227747, fine.

| 2. chip changes in the ECU that are required to make it run and be within
| emissions for the 1986 model year

If the engine is about stock then just about any stock prom about equal to
what you have would work, ie manual trans, 305/350.   Lots of them at 332
FTP.

| I should be able to use the stock TBI unit with a new cal
| I seem to remember that I have to change an addr. in the chip to tell the
| ECU it is now running 8 cyl instead of 6

Use the Throttle body off of a SBC truck, 87-91.  v-6 has smaller bores, and
injectors.  Might go ahead and replace the fuel pump, with one from a v-8.
 Doc