SBC V8 into Astro/Safari

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Thu Jun 3 16:24:18 GMT 1999

> > > haven't asked
> > > I am geussing it is from an early 80s Malibu
> > > a lot of them came with 267s
>
> Those were pretty low compression/performance...  I believe compression was

I am sure someone makes aftermarket pistons for them, and it needs a rebuild
anyways ( at least I assume cuch since the guy is asking core price for it)

> 7.9:1  Could probably get more HP out of the stock 4.3 V6 with bolt on's

thems the right numbers for about 10 lbs of boost from 2 small turbos
(say off 2 2.3l Turbo Coupes)

> than the hassle of the swap... If you could find the newer 4300 V8 from the

didn't even know there was such a thing
will look around

> caprice, it was a "baby LT1" and ran really strong...

this sounds like more fun

Clive