More silly ideas

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jun 3 17:36:09 GMT 1999

Cause, I don't agree with theory on some items.
Just the name MAP,  Manifold Absolute Pressure would imply that baro is
accounded for.  Trouble is, not the way I see it.  All too often under very
different situations, I would get a 97 K/Pa WOT reading which really
shouldn't have happened.  Hence, my want for isolating the two.
Grumpy

| The more I think about it if your going to goto all of the trouble of
| reworking the tables and such how about just changing to a guage type
| sensor that would have one sensor that would correct for baro anyway.
|
| Bruce Plecan wrote:
| >
| > What if someone wanted to use a straight full time baro correction (for
| > MAP system)?.   Could it be done as simply as using a 1bar MAP
referenced to
| > atmosphere, and then the output from that one used as the reference
voltage
| > to a second MAP that is referenced to the engine vacuum.
| >    Then carrying this further how about as a correction for 2+3 bar
MAPs?.