PC Sound Card CRO - was 160 baud ALDL ...

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Sun Jun 6 21:56:13 GMT 1999

For the .gif of the data stream, I believe Ross is using a
"Front End for PC sound cards" kit, as described in the August 98
(page 56) issue of Electronics Australia:

  http://www.electronicsaustralia.com.au/

In case anyone is interested, I have scanned the schematic from
page 59 (fig.3), it's at (about 42 k bytes):

  http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/ea98aug58.gif

Jaycar have the kit for AU28.95, info at:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/newsite/FMPro?-db=products.fp3&-format=detail.htm&-lay=cgi&-sortfield=model%20%23&Category=Kits%20-%20Computer&-recid=43840&-token=12598906&-find=

I don't have this kit (yet) and I've just skimmed through the
EA article, but you can use a number of freely available "Oscilloscope
programs" for windows that are on the 'net. Ross actually used Cooledit
but there are apparently lots of other programs that are more oriented
to a CRO look-and-feel.

Does anyone have a URL for one of these CRO programms they've used?

--
Peter Gargano