Ignition only 7747

Steve Ciciora sciciora at al.noaa.gov
Tue Jun 8 20:01:30 GMT 1999

I think I just realized something obvious, and would like someone to tell
me if I'm wrong.  Since the 7747 uses a distributor, and is throttle body
injection, it dosn't need to know which cylinder if firing, right?  That's
the distributor's job?  What I want to do is put a 7747 on my '74 ford 302.
 It's gonna be an easier job now that I realize that detecting tdc of #1 is
not necessary!  I plan on welding 6 equally spaced 'bolt heads' on the
crank pully, and using an inductive sensor, like someone else mentioned.
Does anyone know the relationship between the bolt head and TDC?  By moving
the inductive pickup I can control the base timing, but I'd like to know
where to put the sensor for when I design the bracket.
Thanks for your time,

Steven Ciciora