More silly ideas-OVERLOAD

Dave Z dzug at mail.delanet.com
Thu Jun 10 22:02:36 GMT 1999

> While on this one--if you are going to put a constant barometric
> reference into an ecu, it makes sense to take total pressure at the
> inlet to the air cleaner, so that any "ram-air" effect due to
> vehicle speed is compensated for! Course--a serious
> controls-programmer sort could use a more neutral barometric pick-up
> point, and compensate for vehicle speed ram-air effects using the
> VSS input to the ecu!
>
> Greg

Now thats truly eerie (reference my earlier responce) I did NOT read
THIS post before responding to the other one.. and I AM a controls
programmer of 11 years.... and I DID catch the VSS - RAM thingy (see
the earlier post) Wierd... I need a raise ;-)

Now that we're serious.. what we really need is 8 individual DP's
around each intake valve... or 8 MAF's just after each intake
valve... then an o2 at each exhaust port, an electrically actuated
valve setup (a shutter rather than a coil moving a valve stem mass)
so we can alter the "lift and duration" using the ECM, then we need a
muffler that will vary its interrior space as RPM changes.. so as not
to resonate at any one frequency, and further to send the sound back
at a frequency that assists the evacuation of the exhaust gasses at
ALL  RPM's.  then we need intake runners that
alter their interrior areas so that we get good intake velocity at
low rpm and great intake volume at higher RPM's , then we need an
ultra-pressurized 12:1 A/F mixture injection system that pre-mixes
and squirts the mix into the cyllinders just as the primary flame
front is finishing its burn, so theres a secondary burst..
effectively making an 8 cyllinder engine into a 16 cyllinder
engine, using fast burning fuel.

and somehow work in a gyro-mass to store braking energy for the next
launch.

or we can all get carbs and T-87's and shut up...  naaah  ;-)

Someone print this for bruce.. ha ha ha.. I went a little crazy
sorry... there go 10% of  all my future patents. oh well. ;-)

Dave Z - 87 GN 12.74 @ 105 w/1.84 60'
               13.02 @ 103 on 94 octane
       - 89 IROC 5.7 Now Supercharged!
       - 89 Turbocharged GP 13.9 (retired)