stripping headers from archives

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Fri Jun 11 15:36:09 GMT 1999

"Chris G. Lucas" wrote:

> > Or, you can use an awk file that Chris Lucas sent to me that strips most
> > of the headers out of the archive.
>
> Not stripping enough out?

It's fine, just meant that it leaves the important headers there, like
from, subject, date, etc., strips the rest out.

> > This is unix only,.......I'm trying to set up the archives so that this command is
> > invoked when you click on an archive but it's not there yet.
>
> Anything I can do?  Or just like to throw me some concepts?

Something (mojordomo, wais, sfgate, ???) creates the html file that
lists the archives.  Whatever that something is needs to create a
modified html file that incorporates running the archive file through
the awk filter.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet