68HC11

Bill Shaw bshaw at connix.com
Mon Jun 14 12:40:18 GMT 1999

How about using a new GM PCM?  There was mention on this list recently that
they cost $190 (how can they do that?).  Their code is in flash so it's
easily re-programmable,  they have a 68332 CPU which is much more capable
than the hc11 or any PIC.  Does it have a BDM (background debug mode) port?
If not it can probably be grafted on.

If they're REALLY $190 (I've heard elsewhere $1000) it seems to be a much
more cost effective platform than the EFI332 board,  and it has already
been thoroughly debugged,  has all the industrial strength connectors,  and
all the noise problems solved.  Just trash the GM code and add your own
custom code.

BTW - I have a REAL hard time believing that NASA writes 15 million lines
of code for each launch.  They'd NEVER get off the ground!

bcnu

bs